Now that my kids' school year and volleyball season have kicked into high gear, my crafty time has been SOOO limited. And of course there are all of these great challenges going on that I've had to read about but pass on (sniff, sniff), which is just not fun! So this week, even though it's been extremely busy, I made a point to take time for myself and make a card so I can participate in 2 of my favorite challenges . . . JUST FOR FUN!!!
Here's my card:
- Cricut Country Life cartridge for guitar-strumming cowgirl
- Cricut Art Philosophy cartridge for background shape (can't wait to dive more into this fantastic cartridge!!)
- Red, tan, brown, dark brown, black, kraft, flesh & confetti cardstock scraps from my stash
- Bandanna and denim patterned paper found on internet and printed on my home printer
- "Kick up your Heels!" sentiment from Scrappy Moms' Designer's Choice stamp set
- Black Versa Ink, Ranger clear embossing powder & heat gun for sentiment
- Jute cord plus Terrifically Tacky tape to hold the cord in place around the frame
- Stampin' Up Crystal Effects for guitar and boots
- Red Stickles for lips
- Stampin' Up' black marker for eyes
- Stampin' Up Chocolate Chip ink pad with sponge for card edge
I am entering this in Scrappy Moms' Terrific Tuesday Challenge to use the Country Life Cricut cartridge AND Fantabulous Cricut Challenge # 77's Make Some Music - YES!!
This was very therapeutic, I must say, even though I stayed up late to make it last night. It was worth being a zombie at work today-LOL! Well, thanks for being a part of my therapy this week by taking a peek at my card! I appreciate you all!
Have a great remainder of your week!