Thursday, October 14, 2010

Rest In Pieces . . . Reese's Pieces that is!

Tonight's assignment for myself was to make 8 niece/nephew treats since I will be seeing them at a family party this weekend. I actually keep a binder filled with the holidays and what I do for each of them every year. Otherwise . . . I forget. Last year, I left myself a post-it note with the idea to use "Rest In Pieces" and give Reese's Pieces candy. I'm not sure where I saw that idea, but I was so excited to find it this year in my Halloween tab!

So, the plan was to get Reese's Pieces candy. The only Reese's Pieces in Halloween fun-sized packages that I found in stores were inside a huge value pack with Reese's Peanut Butter Cups and Fast Breaks. I ended up purchasing the theater candy boxes from Walgreen's instead, figuring the packaging would be easier to work with and would be more of a substantial treat for my nieces and nephews. They could take it to the movies after all!

And when I saw Pinke's "Yummy Bunch" treat packages in My Pink Stamper's Spooky Challenge back in September, her tombstone packaging helped me design the wrapper for my Reese's Piece's boxes! Thanks so much, Pinke!



I made the grave wording on my PC, printed it, then used the Center Point function on my Cricut Expression to cut the graves from the Happy Hauntings cartridge. I also used my PC for the message to my nieces and nephews, then used a punch to cut the 3" scalloped circles. Both of the white grave and circle pieces were sponged with black ink. And the little yellow skull was stickled for some bling action. Such a fun and easy project!

I'm so happy that tomorrow is Friday - YES!! Have a good weekend everyone!

2 happy comments:

CricutLvr!! said...

Thank you Jen!! You are so sweet!! I love seeing your comments and those candy wrappers you made are super cute!!! Love those!!!

CricutLvr!! said...

Thanks for coming by Jen! Nice work on the candy wrappers and the treat bags!! Looks like a lot of work but well worth it i'm sure!! You've been MIA.....get crafting girlie!! lol

Post a Comment

Leaving comments for me makes me happy! Thanks for sharing some bloggy love! :) ~Jen