Saturday, October 30, 2010

She's baaaaaaaack . . . with play dough!

HAPPY HALLOWEEKEND!!
I know, I know. I start a blog and then I become MIA for weeks at a time. So sorry to my wonderful followers! October is always a busy month - especially with having a Halloween bash for my girls at the end of it. Last night was the party, so I can breathe a little sigh of relief now! I have been crafting these past couple of weeks, though, so I have some photos to share.

Last weekend I made pumpkin pie play dough with my girls using the Family Fun Magazine recipe. I do have to credit Tammy at Scrappy Critters for the idea to make it. I loved the way she decorated her container and thought it would be a cute little gift for my girls' chapel buddies at school. One buddy is in Kindergarten and the other is in 2nd grade. I know 2nd grade was probably too old for play dough, but then again we had fun playing with it, so why wouldn't a 2nd grader??? And the smell of it was sooooo good!! 



I loved being able to personalize these containers for my girls' chapel buddies. One of the containers is a frosting container (had to cover the Pillsbury Doughboy up on the cap- LOL), and the other is from our local deli (originally holding guacomole-YUM). I used the Mini Monsters cartridge for the pumpkins with googly eyes, patterned paper from the DCWV Autumn Splendor Stack, and added the Isaiah 64:8 bible verse, "But now, O Lord, you are our Father; we are the clay, you are the potter; and all we are the work of your hand." I thought it was fitting being play dough and all! :)


I also made some more of those awesome pencil holders to attach to the play dough gift - an idea from
Made by Momo.  I can see making these pencil holders for all sorts of holidays! My girls said that both of their chapel buddies enjoyed these Halloween treats. Gotta love hearing that! More posts to come soon. :)

0 happy comments:

Post a Comment

Leaving comments for me makes me happy! Thanks for sharing some bloggy love! :) ~Jen