Here's me 2 years ago with my birthday "cake"
while camping in my real life happy place, Colorado.
And yes, that is a stick lit as my candle!
This week I've been busy making a fun gift for my daughter to bring to a friend's birthday party. I know I went way above and beyond for a kid friend birthday gift, but I was inspired by my new Scrappy Moms Happy Camper stamp set and some of the recent challenges going on. But most importantly I had fun making it (isn't that what it's all about??) and it makes for a fun blog post! :)
Here is the ensemble:
The card/anti-bac holder - The tutorial
I used can be found HERE. Thank you, Jan!
What anti-bac scent? S'mores of course!
Key Ingredient # 1
I was tempted to get the generic, but these are
America's Favorite after all. It says so on the package.
Must be true.
Key ingredient # 2 - Love that they make
the squares now. Of course the box says Limited Edition,
but they'd be crazy to discontinue it!
Key Ingredient # 3 - But let's face it-
If you didn't have 1 or 2, you could live on this one.
This sweatshirt is the main gift that got my idea engine
going. My pre-teens are obsessed with Aeropostale!
This was a Wal-Mart find. I figured it
could come in handy for this sporty friend.
- Cricut Campin' Critters cartridge (campfire on bag, s'more on card/anti-bac holder)
- Cricut Gypsy Wanderings cartridge preloaded on Gypsy (water bottle vinyl)
- Cricut A Child's Year cartridge for candle on s'more
- Cricut Cuttin' Up font cartridge on the gift bag
- Cricut white vinyl
- Stampin Up Kraft and Night of Navy cardstock; orange and brown Recollections cardstock, & tan and white cardstock from my scraps
- Scrappy Moms Happy Camper, Simple Sentiments and Sweet Somethings stamp sets
- Black Versa Color ink, Ranger clear embossing powder and Marvy Uchida heat gun
- Stampin Up Creamy Caramel and Chocolate Chip ink with sponge for card/anti-bac holder edges
- Fiskars deckle edge scissors and Fiskars ribbon punch for all of the tags
- Cuttlebug Swiss Dots embossing folder for "graham crackers"
- Hobby Condensed font for tag and card wording that is not stamped
- Velcro dots to close card/anti-bac holder
- Orange Peel Stickles for candle flame
I am entering this ensemble into the following challenges:
- Cricut Cartridge Chaos Challenge #26: Campin' Critters
- Celebrate The Occasion # 24: Kid's Birthday!!!
- Whimsical Wednesday # 16: Fun With Folds!
Remember that I have my 100 follower challenge going on! I'm just 10 away from mailing out a Christmas stamp set! :)
Enjoy your weekend!