Wednesday, January 4, 2012

I'm now a mom of a teenager - YIKES!!!

My girls love how I turn their birthdays into anniversary celebrations for me. The way I see it, whatever age their turning is the number of years ago I became a mom for either the first or second time. That's a big deal, isn't??? I think so!

Well, today it HAPPENED. I officially became a mother of a teenager!! Yes, my oldest daughter turned the tender age of thirTEEN. Of course being in the middle of the first week back to school and work after Christmas Break, it wasn't the best celebration it could be, but she was quite happy with it thankfully. We ate at our traditional birthday-celebrating restaurant, sang to her over a delicious celebratory dessert, and showered her with wonderful teen-loving presents!

On top of the stack of presents for her was this card:






Supplies:
  • Adorable photo of recipient
  • Cricut Birthday Bash cartridge for camera (welded into card on my Gypsy) and THIRTEEN letters (arranged in different sizes and welded on my Gypsy)
  • Recollections hot pink cardstock from Michael's
  • Recollections black cardstock from Michael's
  • Mirror cardstock from single sheets sold at JoAnn
  • "Happy Birthday" sentiment from Scrappy Moms' Simple Sentiments stamp set
  • "You're" and "Sweet'n Sassy"sentiments from Scrappy Moms' "Sweet Somethings" stamp set
  • Black Versa ink
  • Ranger clear embossing powder and Marvy Uchida heat gun
  • Fruit Punch and Gunmetal Stickles
Why is it in the shape of a camera you ask? Well that's because my daughter asked for and received a hot pink Canon point-and-shoot camera from us! Yep, she's spoiled. :)
 
And the spoiling isn't over yet! We've launched big plans to throw her a friend birthday bash in the form of an indoor beach party!! Be on the lookout for the invitation post (still have to design and make it yet, though- Oops!) and other various beachy crafty projects to go along with this fabulous teen party! And as always, I welcome any ideas and/or advice. You are a valuable resource, my crafty friends!!
 
Have a good remaining week all!

0 happy comments:

Post a Comment

Leaving comments for me makes me happy! Thanks for sharing some bloggy love! :) ~Jen