I bought my Imagine machine back in August, went through a lot to get it shipped back to PC for "medical attention," then finally got it back in Mid October. Since then, I have been pretty busy, but in all honesty I was feeling incompetent in using my Imagine. My first project wasn't until last month when I made teacher luncheon favors (see post HERE). I had some printing trouble where the pattern had stripes going through it, but it was faint and barely noticeable on the little favors.
So here I am with my 2nd project. I'd say the Imagine counts as a new supply since I've barely used it, right? And I've never used the Yummy cartridge until this card. Unfortunately, I'm still having the same printing quality issues as my first project, but this time much worse. In my card below, you will see Cinnamon Stickles covering the bold stripes that were printed where solid chocolate brown should have been (It's not a mistake! It's a chance to embellish, right?). The colors are off from what I saw on the screen, too. If anyone has insight on this problem, I would be so grateful for a comment or an email! I just put a message on the Cricut MB, too.
Anyway, on with the card:
- Cricut Imagine Yummy cartridge for patterned paper
- Cricut Paisley cartridge for strawberry
- Cricut Imagine pre-loaded cut for shape behind strawberry
- Colorbok white textured 12x12 cardstock purchased at Walmart
- Brown Recollections cardstock from Michael's
- "Sweet Birthday Wishes" sentiment stamp from Scrappy Moms' Sweet Somethings stamp set
- "Happy Birthday to you!' sentiment from Scrappy Moms' Hooray or Birthdays stamp set
- Stampin' Up Crystal Effects for chocolate piece on strawberry
- Cinnamon Stickles to cover up Imagine printing error
- Eucalyptus Stickles and Fruit Punch Stickles for strawberry
- Blossom baker's twine purchased from Scrappy Moms
Well, there you have it. Again, please pass along any advice if you have it on correcting my Imagine printing problem. I would greatly appreciate it! In the meantime, I'm entering this embellished bday card for my BFF into Birthday Sundaes' challenge # 38! Thanks for looking! Have a great week!