Sunday, December 11, 2011

"You're An Angel..." Teacher Treats

It is my younger daughter's class that will provide the teacher appreciation luncheon this month, so again I made little treats for each staff member's place setting. I had the forethought to ask when this one would be after my older daughter's last month and was able to pick up these mini bars on clearance at that time - Score!

This is what I came up with:

The front

Back with message to each staff member

All 40 treats!

Supplies:
  • Cricut Joys of the Season cartridge for angel cut at 1.5"
  • Cricut Christmas Wish Imagine cartridge for patterned paper (wrapper cut at 3x2.5")
  • White Colorbok textured cardstock purchased at Wal-Mart
  • Gold Stickles (for the angel's trumpet)
  • 40 Hershey mini bars
  • Little Days font

I finally caved and bought a Martha Stewart scoring board last week when they were the 50% off "Jingle Deal" at Michael's. I'm glad I did, because assembling these wrappers was a snap with that board! I think it only took me 2 hours start to finish to make these treats . . . unlike the turkey ones last month-Ugh!!

This was technically my first project with the Imagine. I wanted to print and cut an image from Christmas Wish, but that was a bit too complicated for someone who is short on time and has a project to-do list a mile long. I needed a "Robyn project" from My Pink Stamper - in other words, SIMPLE!! First I printed the blue pattern on this cartridge. I liked it, but I'm thinking that the luncheon will have traditional red and green Christmas colors decorating it, so I wanted to do green.

Then, my older daughter did it. She said the unthinkable to a crafter that was already questioning her decision. "Mom, don't you think this green is too Spring-y?" AHHHHH!!!! I was thinking the same thing, but all I can lean on was that it was on the CHRISTMAS WISH cartridge and that I had already used up a lot of ink printing 3 full 12x12 pages, so I went with it. She tried to redeem herself by saying, " Well the angel definitely says Christmas." Phew!! That did make me feel a bit better - LOL!
 
Now I'm out of kids and therefore DONE for the school year with teacher luncheons-YES!! I have more projects completed so I will be posting again soon. :)

2 happy comments:

Unknown said...

SUPER cute! I bet they LOVED them! I will definitely keep this idea in my "pocket," it's another great one for the MOPs childcare workers! ;)
craftin-on-my-door.blogspot.com

bonnie said...

Absolutely stunning treats sweetie...these are gorgeous! ;) Hugs x

Post a Comment

Leaving comments for me makes me happy! Thanks for sharing some bloggy love! :) ~Jen