Friday, April 27, 2012

Dinosaur Train 2nd Birthday Party!

A few weeks back I went to my twin cousins' 2nd birthday party! I offered to help out with the decorations, which led me to get to know the boys' favorite TV show on PBS, Dinosaur Train! It really is an adorable show. And even though I initially suggested Elmo as the theme, I'm glad I was able to branch out into some other characters and personalize the party for my cousins.

Here's what I made:
Personalized party hats for the birthday boys!

I actually altered 2 party hats that were
in my party supply stash. They were a bit
girly before, but now they are fit for boys!

I got the Dinosaur Train graphics
online and printed them out.

The #2s were made with the Cricut Elmo's Party
cartridge and were glittered up with Stickles!

More Stickles on the names (also in Elmo font) . . .

And the letters were placed on foam tape for dimension.

And these were the banners I made!
Again, I used the Elmo font for the lettering,
but I ran the top layer through the Cuttlebug with the
Tiny Mosaic CB embossing folder for a dinosaur skin look!

The ribbons were all different between each of
the letters, but stayed with the color theme.

And again, I printed Dinosaur Train
graphics from the internet.

For added fun, I adhered a photo
of each boy to a letter of their banner.

Eliot is peeking through!

I had some more photo fun when making
these small little kid favors. I edited the twins
into a Dinosaur Train graphic! Everyone got
a kick out of these tags. They were attached
to a bottle of bubbles purchased at our local
dollar store 3 for $1. Simple and cheap!

Just some good ole' curling ribbon to attach the tags!

As part of my gift to the boys, I found these awesome
personalized T-shirt transfers from a store on Etsy!
The store is called customtshirtdesigns, but for some
reason I can't find any items for sale right now for them.
Maybe they're not making them anymore? Gasp!

But aren't the boys so cute in them?
They say, "Look who's 2" and then their
names are on the bottom of the 2. So perfect!

And of course I had to make matching cards!
I went with the design of the tshirt transfer, but with
the color and embossing from the banners.

The letters for the cards were cut using
the Cricut Birthday Bash cartridge. That is
definitely a favorite Cricut font of mine.
I use it A LOT.
I would have preferred to weld the card together
instead of adhering the tops of the numbers together,
but my Gypsy had to be replaced by Provo Craft (grrr)
and I hadn't used the Cricut Craft Room yet.
Some day I will dabble in it.

And yes, the sentiment stamp on the inside
is a Scrappy Moms stamp! It's from the
Simple Sentiments set. Love my SMS!


Don't the twins look adorable in the hats?
Ok, it took some major work to get this photo since they
didn't enjoy wearing the hats, but it was worth it!
They had a great birthday party!


Thanks for stopping by! I think that's it for party posts for me for a while. Hopefully I can get my Easter card up before the end of the month (yikes!). Have a great weekend all!

0 happy comments:

Post a Comment

Leaving comments for me makes me happy! Thanks for sharing some bloggy love! :) ~Jen