As promised, here are my Thanksgiving cards I made for this year and am sending to close family and friends:
2 colors - Stampin' Up's
Purely Pomegranate and Really Rust
This photo is my fave
Inside of Really Rust card
Inside of Purely Pomegranate
- Pretty photos of my daughters in the Fall leaves :)
- Cricut Art Philosophy Cartridge for leaves
- Close to My Heart Celebrations maple leaf stamp (from Art Philosophy bundle)
- "Count Your Blessings" stamp from Scrappy Moms' The Charmed Life set
- Stampin' Up Purely Pomegranate ink (previous In Color)
- Stampin' Up Really Rust Ink (retired I think?)
- My Craft Spot Pumpkin Spice and Acorn Crinkle ribbons
- The Paper Company cardstock in kraft and textured brown from JoAnn
- Stampin' Up ticket corner punch (on photo)
- Monotype Corsiva font (preloaded on Windows)
A while back I emailed Kimberly of My Craft Spot to see if she had a plum colored crinkle ribbon. She was so sweet! She contacted me right away, she sent samples out, and I ordered a very nice looking plum. I was thinking that it would match my younger daughter's shirt. But after taking the photos, printing them, and then finally having them in hand, I realized the plum was not the true color of my daughter's shirt. It actually matches the Stampin' Up color, Razzleberry that I used on last year's Thanksgiving cards. Ugh! I do appreciate Kimberly making that plum ribbon for me, though, and will definitely put it to good use on another project.
Another thing I discovered upon having the photo prints in hand was that the one photo had some orange leaves in the background. So, luckily when I ordered the plum ribbon from My Craft Spot, I also ordered the Fall Collection, which included 4 beautiful colors: Pumpkin Spice, Golden Harvest, Acorn and Maple Leaf. This allowed me to play around with the colors and still be able to use Kimberly's beautiful ribbon!
I also have to mention that I am LOVING having stamps that coordinate with Cricut cuts!! I don't mean to be an enabler, but if you like stamping and are Cricut-obsessed like me, then you might have a little fun with the Close To My Heart Art Philosophy bundle. There are some great stamps included like the leaf I used on the card. Check Melanie's Brown's blog, Courtney Lane Designs if you want more information on it. I have a couple more projects coming up that I will be utilizing this great cartridge.
I am entering my Thanksgiving cards into My Craft Spot's "Gobble 'Til You Wobble" challenge to make a Thanksgiving project.
Thanks for stopping by! Enjoy the rest of your weekend!