Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Birthdays, Birthdays and More Birthdays!

I know I said I had a lot to post coming up and it's already 1/2 way through the week, so I thought I'd better stop hanging out on all of your blogs and get posting - LOL!

Spring is full of birthdays for me to celebrate, and that includes a usual combined birthday party for my Godkids. Well, 2 out of the 3 kids are my godchildren, but I pray for and give a gift to the one that isn't my godchild just the same!

There are so many fabulous kid cuts out there to make fun birthday cards. How's a gal to choose? Well, I usually let my wrapping paper do the deciding for me. Here are the 3 cards with their wrapped gifts that I gave this past weekend:


Dragonfly made firefly from Cricut Paisley cartridge
to match firefly wrapping paper, 10 from Lyrical letters


Snail and 7 from the Cricut Birthday Bash cartridge
to match snail wrapping paper


Butterfly from Create a Critter Cartridge,
3 from Once Upon A Princess

The Play-Doh tub was hard to wrap, so I thought solid tissue paper was the best option for it. I still wanted to use an insect of sorts to keep with my creature theme, though, hence the pretty butterfly.

All 3 cards had card bases cut from the Cricut Birthday Bash cartridge, were embossed with Cuttlebug folders, were blinged up with Stickles, and included the child's age that they were turning.

I must say I just squeaked by getting these done for Saturday, but even in my rush I really enjoyed creating. I have lots more to do with Easter and my younger daughter's birthday coming up so I best get busy!

Have a good downslope of the week!

1 happy comments:

Sandy S. (CraftyCreations) said...

Your cards are wonderful. Look forward to seeing more of your creations. I found you through Made by Momo's blog followers post. Following now! =)
Sandy
http://thecraftycreationspot.blogspot.com

Post a Comment

Leaving comments for me makes me happy! Thanks for sharing some bloggy love! :) ~Jen