Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Peeking Bear Wishes BIG!

Ok, so here I am again posting, but still no project photos from my kids' craft camp yet. I know!! I've started to gather the projects and have taken some pics, so it will definitely be my next post. We're going to our county fair tomorrow night, though, so I may not get to it until the weekend. I can smell the cotton candy already! :)

Remember that triple scoop ice cream cone birthday card I made last week? Well, the little girl that will receive that card is a twin, so that means I need another birthday card for her brother - LOL!

Here is that card, which will also be my current Scrappy Moms' Terrific Tuesday challenge entry:






Supplies:
  • Cricut Birthday Bash cartridge for cake-shaped card base and cake layers
  • Cricut Campin' Critters cartridge for peeking bear
  • Recollections blue cardstock for base, scraps from stash for all other cardstock
  • "Wish Big!" and "Happy, Happy Birthday! sentiments from Scrappy Moms' Simple Sentiments Stamp set
  • Versa Black ink
  • Ranger clear embossing powder (may not show well, but the front sentiment is embossed)
  • Marvy Uchida embossing gun
  • Foam adhesive dots for frosting layers and candle wax layer
  • Xmas Red, Lime Green, True Blue, Yellow, Crystal and Cinnamon Stickles
I happen to know that this family likes yellow cake, so I went with yellow for my cake card. And I know that I used Birthday Bash for the majority of this project, but the peeking bear counts, right? My daughters loved the bear the most about this card.

This card will also be entered into Die Cuttin' Divas' Challenge # 25 - Sweet Treats! That is yet another challenge blog that I have been enjoying and playing along lately.

Well, that's all for now. Thanks for visiting my happy place! I am so appreciative for all of my followers - especially the ones I have recently gained! I would love to hit 100! And I'm looking forward to reaching 10,000 hits! Thank you all for your bloggy love!

9 happy comments:

bonnie said...

Oh how cute is that lil' guy peeking out...adorable sweetie! :) Hugs x

Monica said...

Have fun at the fair! And bring me back some funnel cake! :)

Paper Deckerations said...

I love how you added the bear to the card! What a cute idea! You really made this card sparkle and glow and I love it! Super job! Thanks for joining us again at DCD!!!

Scrappy Moms Stamps said...

So cute! I love the glitter around the edge, adorable! Thank you so much for playing along with us at Scrappy Moms Stamps! :)

- Scrappy Mel

Jenni said...

This is really cute. I am a glitter lover so I love the glitter!
Hugs, Jenni
http://mylollipopgarden.blogspot.com/

liz at liz's paper loft said...

oh this is way too cute, Jen! thanks for playing with us at Scrappy Moms Stamps!
liz

Creative Diva said...

Oh my! This is too cute. Great job. Thanks for joining us at DCD.

Hugs,
Patty
creativediva98.blogspot.com

Misty Olsen said...

I love the details on your candle!!! but My fav has to be the peeking bear :o) Thanks for sharing your project Jen!!!

Mistyrose
Die Cuttin Diva

Cre8tiveVet said...

I agree with the kids: that bear is totally cute! Thanks for joining us at DCD. -Yvette
cre8tivegirls.blogspot.com

Post a Comment

Leaving comments for me makes me happy! Thanks for sharing some bloggy love! :) ~Jen