A good work friend of mine treated me to a belated birthday lunch this week and got me this amazing wall word art!! I just think this is awesome! I now have to find the perfect place to hang it to inspire me on a daily basis.
And of course to properly thank my good friend and to also participate in the current Scrappy Moms' Terrific Tuesday Challenge, I made this card:
I do think my friend is GOLDEN!
She is so thoughtful and generous with me!
- Peach cut from the Just Because Cricut cartridge
- All cardstock (used scraps) and patterned paper from Stampin' Up
- Stampin' Up Chocolate Chip ink
- Stampin' Up ticket corner punch
- "You're Golden" sentiment from Scrappy Moms Sun Kissed stamp set
- "Thank You" and "Sweet Friend" from Scrappy Moms' Simple Sentiments stamp set (did not ink up exclamation point - added comma with marker)
- Scrappy Moms' Honeydew baker's twine
- Yellow(painted on the peach), lime green and cinnamon Stickles glitter glue
This Scrappy Moms' Terrific Tuesday challenge was to use the Cricut Preserves cartridge, but I don't own that one so Just Because served this purpose.
Here's something else I thought I'd share:
I own all of the Scrappy Moms' bakers twine colors (think I like them a little bit???), but was having a tough time keeping them organized. I saw in the 7/12/11 Chirp newsletter's "Your Notable Tip" section and it showed this idea for twine storage. I ended up making tags from the Cricut Plantin Schoolbook cartridge (err, actually my oldest daughter made them), wrapped the twine around, and then attached them to an old key ring. I love it! It made adding the twine to today's card very easy.
And speaking of Scrappy Moms, they released 2 new stamp sets yesterday! And guess who has them on order already (insert sinister giggle here)! Here they are:
I love camping, so of course this one was a must have!
These are just cute sayings,
so this set got added to my cart, too!
You can click on either of the stamp set photos to go to the Scrappy Moms' blog. Gosh, you'd think I work for them, but no - just a crazy crafting fan! :)
Well fellow crafters, I REALLY need to head to the mattress ball. I'm starting to eat into my precious Saturday -ugh! I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!