Sunday, October 30, 2011

Halloween Treats for My Own Ghouls

Happy Halloween (almost)!

I made treats for my own little ghouls (ok, not so little - my oldest is already taller than me!). I really wanted to make a door hanger treat so that when they wake up in the morning, they would see it and be surprised. The only problem is I got them too many treats to all fit in the Art Philosophy door hanger - LOL! So, I still made the hangers, but I will also have a separate little treat bag to give them. I think I'll put the bags on their dressers as soon as I finish this post!

Here they are:

the hangers and the separate treat bags

My Sugar Daddy Ghost pops!
(Our family loves these! Got them at the Dollar Store, too!)

Younger ghoul's door hanger

 Top view to see the ribbons

Older ghoul's door hanger

Ribbon view

Supplies:
  • Cricut Art Philosophy cartridge for door hanger (used Fit To Page)
  • Cricut Mini Monsters cartridge for ghosts
  • Cricut Doodlecharms cartridge for spider
  • Cricut Paper Doll Dress Up for skeleton
  • Scrappy Moms' "A Haunting We Will Go" and "Bewitched" Stamp sets
  • DCWV black cardstock
  • Georgia-Pacific white cardstock
  • Stampin' Up Basic Black ink
  • Wiggly Eyes
  • Various Halloween ribbons from Michael's, Joann and previous years' stash
  • Baker's twine from Etsy (Orange & black) and Scrappy Moms (black & white)
  • Target dotted treat bags
  • K & Company Halloween Tim Coffey designer mat pad for patterned papers
Treat contents:
  • Bath & Body Works Halloween lotion, lip gloss & shimmer body spray
  • Pop Rocks candy
  • Sugar Daddy caramel pops

These were a lot of fun to make and I'm happy that I was able to make something special for my own girls. Often I give my girls treats throughout the Halloween season as we shop and craft for others, but not a creatively packaged treat on Halloween. Also, even though my older daughter won best costume at our Halloween Party last week as voted by her ghoulfriends, we gave the prize treat container to the runner up. I knew I had similar treats to give my ghouls on the real day and thought that was fair.

I am entering these treats with little cards into the following challenges:

Fantabulous Cricut Challenge # 83 "Spooky Time" - Use a ghost on your project!
Scrappy Moms - Use the Doodlecharms cartridge!
Cardz TV Challenge # 94 - "Spooks, Monsters, Ghouls and Goblins!" Make a card for Halloween using ANY Halloween image you'd like from any cartridge(s) and using any colors you’d like.

Have a fun and safe Halloween all!

9 happy comments:

mamawcindy said...

Love your Halloween Door Hangers and little Sugar Daddy Ghost Pops. I'm always looking for Cute Idea's like this for my little Grand Children Thanks for Sharing! I just became a follower of yours. :0)
Would Love for you to come visit my blog sometime.
cindys-greencricut.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

LOVE these!!!
craftin-on-my-door.blogspot.com

Kate said...

These are fabulous! I've never seen a door handle caddy before and LOVE the idea! Yours look fantastic and I'm sure your ghouls will love them!
Thanks so much for playing along with us at Fantabulous Cricut.
Kate
Small Bits of Paper

Glenda said...

How Cute! Love the door hangers and all the cute cuts you used! Love the rosettes too! Thanks for sharing with us at Fantabulous Cricut!
Glenda

Sabrina said...

Oh these are just adorable! I love this idea!
Thanks for playing along with us at FCCB!
Sabrina
http://scrappinwithsabrina.blogspot.com

Sherrie K. said...

Cute idea! I love these Jen! hey, congrats to you on your win over at DTC!! Yeah...great project!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Scrappy Moms Stamps said...

What a FABULOUS project! I love that they are door hangers - I have never made one before, thanks for the inspiration. :)

Thank you for playing along with us at Scrappy Moms Stamps! :)

- Mel

Nicole said...

This is just the cutest door hanger! What a fun surprise. Thanks for playing with us at CCC!

Melissa said...

Wow, these are great, thanks for joining CCC!

Post a Comment

Leaving comments for me makes me happy! Thanks for sharing some bloggy love! :) ~Jen