I made treats for my own little ghouls (ok, not so little - my oldest is already taller than me!). I really wanted to make a door hanger treat so that when they wake up in the morning, they would see it and be surprised. The only problem is I got them too many treats to all fit in the Art Philosophy door hanger - LOL! So, I still made the hangers, but I will also have a separate little treat bag to give them. I think I'll put the bags on their dressers as soon as I finish this post!
Here they are:
the hangers and the separate treat bags
My Sugar Daddy Ghost pops!
(Our family loves these! Got them at the Dollar Store, too!)
Younger ghoul's door hanger
Top view to see the ribbons
Older ghoul's door hanger
- Cricut Art Philosophy cartridge for door hanger (used Fit To Page)
- Cricut Mini Monsters cartridge for ghosts
- Cricut Doodlecharms cartridge for spider
- Cricut Paper Doll Dress Up for skeleton
- Scrappy Moms' "A Haunting We Will Go" and "Bewitched" Stamp sets
- DCWV black cardstock
- Georgia-Pacific white cardstock
- Stampin' Up Basic Black ink
- Wiggly Eyes
- Various Halloween ribbons from Michael's, Joann and previous years' stash
- Baker's twine from Etsy (Orange & black) and Scrappy Moms (black & white)
- Target dotted treat bags
- K & Company Halloween Tim Coffey designer mat pad for patterned papers
- Bath & Body Works Halloween lotion, lip gloss & shimmer body spray
- Pop Rocks candy
- Sugar Daddy caramel pops
These were a lot of fun to make and I'm happy that I was able to make something special for my own girls. Often I give my girls treats throughout the Halloween season as we shop and craft for others, but not a creatively packaged treat on Halloween. Also, even though my older daughter won best costume at our Halloween Party last week as voted by her ghoulfriends, we gave the prize treat container to the runner up. I knew I had similar treats to give my ghouls on the real day and thought that was fair.
I am entering these treats with little cards into the following challenges:
Fantabulous Cricut Challenge # 83 "Spooky Time" - Use a ghost on your project!
Scrappy Moms - Use the Doodlecharms cartridge!
Cardz TV Challenge # 94 - "Spooks, Monsters, Ghouls and Goblins!" Make a card for Halloween using ANY Halloween image you'd like from any cartridge(s) and using any colors you’d like.
Have a fun and safe Halloween all!