Here is my Valentine card for this year sent out to close family and friends:
Yes, I still torture my girls by taking photos
of them for each of these smaller holidays.
I've done this every year since my now 13-year old
was 1 month old! Of course the first couple of years
I took them to a studio, but that got expensive so
I started doing my own when the oldest was 3.
I had photo cards printed prior to 2005,
but then I started making my own after that.
I posted my past cards HERE.
Closeup of my "heartstrings" - I love this twine!
"Love the LORD your God with all your heart
and with all your soul and with all your strength."
Close-up of my girls' individual photos
The ensemble with matching labels & valentine stamps!
The back of the card finished off with a Scrappy Moms stamp!
- Black & white photos of my 2 beautiful daughters that are growing up WAY TOO FAST!!
- Cricut Lyrical Letters cartridge for the hearts on my "heartstrings"
- Georgia-Pacific white cardstock
- Recollections red cardstock for front photo matting
- Celebrate It Valentine ribbon from Michael's
- Valentine Twist Divine baker's twine purchased from My Craft Spot
- Gill Sans Ultra Bold font
- Deuteronomy 6:5 bible verse
- "Created by" stamp from Scrappy Moms' Everyday Greetings set
- Stampin' Up Real Red dye ink
- Christmas Red Stickles
- Micro Glue Dots to adhere Stickled hearts to baker's twine
I am entering my valentine in the following awesome challenges:
- Cricut Cardz Challenge # 101 "Be My Valentine!" - Make a card for Valentine's Day using any cartridge(s) and using any colors you'd like.
- Fantabulous Cricut Challenge # 97 "Love is In The Air" - include a heart on your project
- My Craft Spot # 47 Challenge Valentines! - make a card or treat packaging
- Paper Playtime Challenge # 67 Cricut Creations Using Hearts Or a Love Theme - Make any type of project using hearts or a love theme with your Cricut and any colors or cartridges you like
- Scrappy Moms' Terrific Tuesday Challenge "Hearts Galore"- Use hearts as main design element
- Whimsical Designs Challenge # 42 "Colors of Love" - create any card/project and use the colors white, red, and one other color of your choice
Phew! So many many wonderful challenges! Thanks so much for visiting.
Have a very HappyValentine's Day on Tuesday!