Sunday, February 12, 2012

Valentine Card 2012

Hello, my fellow crafters! I hope you are having a great weekend! It's a bit cold here, but the sun is blinding shining so that is encouraging. :)

Here is my Valentine card for this year sent out to close family and friends:

The front

Yes, I still torture my girls by taking photos
of them for each of these smaller holidays.
I've done this every year since my now 13-year old
was 1 month old! Of course the first couple of years
I took them to a studio, but that got expensive so
I started doing my own when the oldest was 3.

I had photo cards printed prior to 2005,
but then I started making my own after that. 
I posted my past cards HERE

Closeup of my "heartstrings" - I love this twine!

Inside

"Love the LORD your God with all your heart
and with all your soul and with all your strength."
Deuteronomy 6:5

Close-up of my girls' individual photos

The ensemble with matching labels & valentine stamps!

The back of the card finished off with a Scrappy Moms stamp!


Card supplies:
  • Black & white photos of my 2 beautiful daughters that are growing up WAY TOO FAST!!
  • Cricut Lyrical Letters cartridge for the hearts on my "heartstrings"
  • Georgia-Pacific white cardstock
  • Recollections red cardstock for front photo matting
  • Celebrate It Valentine ribbon from Michael's
  • Valentine Twist Divine baker's twine purchased from My Craft Spot
  • Gill Sans Ultra Bold font
  • Deuteronomy 6:5 bible verse
  • "Created by" stamp from Scrappy Moms' Everyday Greetings set 
  • Stampin' Up Real Red dye ink 
  • Christmas Red Stickles
  • Micro Glue Dots to adhere Stickled hearts to baker's twine

I am entering my valentine in the following awesome challenges:
Phew! So many many wonderful challenges! Thanks so much for visiting.
 
Have a very HappyValentine's Day on Tuesday!

5 happy comments:

Kate said...

What a super card - inside and out! I love the little hearts that you added to the ends of the twine. What a clever idea! Your family and friends will be delighted with the cards.
Thanks so much for playing along with us at My Craft Spot and at Fantabulous Cricut!

Kate
Small Bits of Paper

teachdanz said...

I have seen some of your other holiday cards in the past and oh my, your girls are getting so grown up!! I love that you still make them do it:-) They will appreciate it some day!

Sherrie K. said...

Oh this turned out awesome! I still torture my kids with taking pictures too....but that's what we do, lol! Very cute project!
Thanks so much for joining us in the challenge at FCCB!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

GiGi said...

What a fun and pretty card! I love how you are holding the heart! Thanks for playing at Whimsical Wednesdays!

mum of two said...

Love, love, love this!! I love how the twine has the little hearts on the end. So cute :) Thanks for playing with us this week at Whimsical Wednesdays, hope you come back and play in our new challenge next week.

michelle (WW-DT)
http://mumoftwoblog.blogspot.com

Post a Comment

Leaving comments for me makes me happy! Thanks for sharing some bloggy love! :) ~Jen