Monday, February 20, 2012

Eeyore finally packaged up!

Happy President's Day all!

I'm so happy that my company is closed for this holiday. I LOVE 3-day weekends! One day for obligations (mine was a bball tournament . .  shocker, huh?), one day to get the house in order (i.e. laundry duty), and one day to PLAY! It's the perfect weekend amount in my opinion. :)

And since I had this extra time, I was FINALLY able to get the Eeyore note cards I started last month made and packaged up! See the original post HERE. I've been feeling pretty bad that I haven't been able to finish them for my pastor, but now I can officially cross them off my things-to-do list and give them away!

While finishing theses cards up, I decided to change the placement of Eeyore and the baker's twine so that Eeyore is "anchored" on the card. Here is the card re-done:


I made custom envelopes using the
Cricut Don Juan cartridge to fit the 4" card.

Part of the reason why I didn't finish this project
was that I didn't know what to do about envelopes.
I couldn't find envelopes to purchase that would fit
these 4" cards well. So I opted to make the
envelopes, but they did take some time.

Here are all six note cards with their custom envelopes.

I used Lick & Stick envelope glue on the envelopes.
It may be hard to see, but it's the shiny stuff
where envelope glue should go. :)

I put the note cards with envelopes in a clear 8x10 bag
and wrapped the excess around the note cards.
Then I tied baker's twine around and added the tag.

Here's a close-up of the tag using a
Scrappy Mom's sentiment of course!

Supplies for envelopes and packaging:
  • Eeyore 4" note cards (see previous post HERE for note card supplies)
  • Cricut Don Juan cartridge for envelopes (9.82" width 4.29" height sized on my Gypsy; I hid the score marks using the hide contour feature- otherwise the marks are cut and make the envelope look not so nice!)
  • Clear 8x10 bag (received as packaging for a recent Etsy order, but they can be ordered from Etsy as well)
  • Green Sneakers Lick & Stick remoistenable envelope glue 
  • Charcoal baker's twine purchased from Scrappy Moms
  • "With Prayers & Positive Thoughts" sentiment from Scrappy Moms' Everyday Greetings stamp set
  • Georgia-Pacific white cardstock scrap for tag
Well, off to go shuffle a kid around from her friend's house to her bball practice. Have a great week my fellow crafters!

3 happy comments:

Erin said...

I love your cards!!! I'm hosting a handmade card swap on my blog and would love it if you wanted to join us!

http://makingmemorieswithyourkids.blogspot.com/2012/02/homemade-card-exchange-wanna.html

Scrappy Moms Stamps said...

So cute - I'm sure he will love them! {{{ HUGS }}

- Mel

bonnie said...

Awww so super sweet! ;) Hugs x

Post a Comment

Leaving comments for me makes me happy! Thanks for sharing some bloggy love! :) ~Jen