In the meantime, if you notice on my sidebar, I am Scrappy Moms' March guest designer!!! It seems like forever ago that I was selected for this distinguished honor and oh my goodness - it's HERE!!!! I will be posting some fun projects soon for that, but to kick off my March posts, I of course had to jump into the current Terrific Tuesday challenge over at Scrappy Moms. The challenge is St Patrick's Day! You can make any project relating to this fun Irish holiday.
I must give credit for this project to Paulette over at Around the Block with Scrapalette. She made an adorable St. Patrick's Day candy purse, which I just loved! So, I decided to make my own, but with a Scrappy Mom twist. :)
Here it is:
Close-up of me pot 'o gold!
- Cricut Art Philosophy cartridge for backing shape and mat (edited on my Gypsy)
- Cricut Simply Charmed cartridge for pot of gold
- Recollections green cardstock
- Georgia-Pacific white cardstock
- Clear party favor bags purchased from Wal-Mart
- Gold coin candy purchased from Walgreens
- "I TREASURE you!" sentiment from Scrappy Moms' Designers Choice stamp set
- Mandarin, maraschino cherry and pea pod bakers twine purchased from Scrappy Moms
- Terrifically Tacky tape to adhere bakers twine "rainbow"
- Gold Stickles
- White Offray craft ribbon for purse handle
Well that is it! Such a cute little purse! I made 2 of them so I will give them to my daughters next weekend for the big St. Patty's Day holiday.
I will be back soon with more projects AND keep a lookout for a giveaway!! Have a great weekend!