This is the start of Spring Break for me and my girls - Woohoo!! I won't have the whole week off, but most of it (I was too scared of my workload to take the whole week off - sad, I know). Wish we had this past week's weather forecasted for it, but time off is TIME OFF, right?
Ok, onto the craftiness at hand. I may be stretching a bit here with this concept, but I went ahead with it anyway. Does that happen to you? Do you get a crafty idea in your head and you just won't let it go? Here is mine:
It's a pinwheel turned sun!
The sentiment says,
" A birthday is just the first day
of a 365-day trip around the sun . . ."
(should have been journey instead of trip-Oops!)
A close-up of my multi-patterned sun
adorned with a baker's twine center!
"Enjoy your ride!" from Scrappy Moms'
NEWEST stamp set, Spring Fair!
And my "Sun" was EASILY made using
Scrappy Moms' first metal die - the Pinwheel die!
- Cricut Imagine Hopscotch cartridge for the 2 pinwheel patterns and background pattern
- Scrappy Moms' Pinwheel die for my "sun"
- Recollections brown cardstock
- Colorbok white textured 12x12 paper for printing patterns
- Georgia-Pacific white cardstock for PC-printed front sentiment and inside layer
- Lemon Drop baker's twine purchased from Scrappy Moms
- Glue dot on pinwheel center to adhere baker's twine
- Pop dot to adhere pinwheel onto card
- Stampin' Up Chocolate Chip ink sponged onto patterned paper edges and front sentiment
- Janis PC font for front sentiment
- Stampin' Up ticket corner punch
I'll be back soon with more projects during my vacation. I still have a couple of "March Madness" projects from my daughter's State basketball tournament HOOPla to post!
Have a FABULOUS weekend!!